THANK YOU FOR COMING BY!

This blog was my go-to venting place before the wedding, but now that the craziness is over, I haven't posted as much. Guess I don't need to vent quite so much stress any more. But I will try to include my thoughts about married life and our new journey together. Really. OK, Remember, I said "Try."

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

need your feedback on my random thoughts. . .

I’m having a rather scary idea —  i was really leaning towards RSVP my email, or by web-site, which could be very cool.   WHAT IF WE USED E-VITE?   Or maybe I could have an E-VITE link in a web-site.    The nice thing is that E VITE would organize all the information and etc.   But evite might just seem too informal and weird.  Plus, I’d still have to copy the info over to a spread sheet or something.   It’s just that evite does that nice “hey, you haven’t responded yet” thing.   And you can disseminate information very easily, which might be handy.   I will still send an actually invite in the mail, just you would respond electronically.

I like the idea of having a web-site, but have no idea how to make a website handle invitations, in fact, i don’t even know how to set up a website, not any more.   Maybe Email is the way to go.  I could set up an Email account with a cute name.   That I know how to do.  =)

Oh, and yes, I know that there will be some people (read: first generation) who may not be tech-savvy, and they would think the idea is weird,  i’ll have to make some “normal” invitations for a handful of people.  but, what do you think? would your parents respond by email?  would they think it’s completely bizarre?   speak now before this gets out of hand and you have to post your rsvp by video on youtube!!!

3 comments:

rly said...

I have a friend who did everything electronically except she did send out a card with all the electronic information (website, login, password) and all rsvp's were done through the website, all information (there were no maps in the paper invitation, no registered card, no church information, nothing) and it wasn't as if they couldn't afford it. They were just very modern and tech saavy and it came across that way as well. Beautiful wedding at Shutters on the Beach.

There are also various websites that will help you organize everything. My cousin used http://www.theknot.com/ but you may want to look into other websites and their functions. If you google wedding planning organizing, a bunch of sites will pop up. I know some of them provide rsvp'ing on the website and you can allocate the number of attendees so when they log in, they will only see 1 attendee, or 2 attendees, etc. Some people like to add in their own numbers. This way you have control over that.

Many people set up email addresses specifically for "the couple" and use it during the wedding planning.

Anyway... just some things I've seen but have absolutely no experience in but just to let you know that there are people who do it and I'm sure those wedding websites help organize everything. Evite though... never seen that one before but a wedding website would probably have everything you need... templates, all the functions and a link to everything. I'm sure those are setup to help make everything as easy as possible and will address all the issues that any couple getting married are gong to have to address.

Cedricstudio said...

Tweet,

We used theknot.com for our wedding and did most of the RSVPs through that avenue. I think they even had a way to download a spreadsheet of replies, etc but don't remember for sure. I do remember it was a nice way for either sides of our family to get to know the other. We did send out paper invitations (although we made them ourselves pretty inexpensively). You are right about there being some that won't want to use the electronic RSVP route so I think we also included a phone number they could call if they felt the need. The nice thing about theknot.com is that you can include registry info, etc. Anyway, just a couple thoughts.

karyn said...

thanks! i'm glad to hear that some people have done something like that before. i'm all for the use of technology, even if i don't really know how to do the whole programming end of it. i especially love it when it makes things simpler for everyone, and when it looks all cool and high-tech.