THANK YOU FOR COMING BY!

This blog was my go-to venting place before the wedding, but now that the craziness is over, I haven't posted as much. Guess I don't need to vent quite so much stress any more. But I will try to include my thoughts about married life and our new journey together. Really. OK, Remember, I said "Try."

Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

Who are these people - Part 1

Also known As, the bridal party roll-call!
I always think it's nice to kind of know something about those people standing up on stage in the matching clothing. So I thought I'd give a quick run-down on the Bridal Party and how we know them. I'll start with the Ladies:
Paula Joe, Maid of Honor and all-around amazing woman --
I've known Paula since I think I was 15 or 16. In fact, Paula was in the group of about 8 friends that I went to my Senior Prom with, even though she didn't go to my school, but went to our rival, Alhambra High! It just so happens that we both also went to Cal Poly Pomona and I remember many happy visits from Paula to my dorm in Palmitas Hall!
Emily Tokeshi, Bridesmaid and Fellow Book Lover --
Emily also went to Cal Poly Pomona, and also to Fuller, so we have much in common academically. We also share a passion for books, fond memories of many road trips, and an appreciation for our introverted natures. Emily was one of the people who helped me move to Colorado when I worked out there, and I will never forget our near-death experiences sliding out during a blizzard in the mountain pass near Moab, Utah.
Anna Kwan, Bridesmaid and Fellow Beach Lover --
I've known Anna as long as I've known Emily and Paula (Anna's cousin). I have happy memories of lying on the beach in Newport during the days when Anna was living on campus at UCI, of eating at Sushi of Napels, and of getting our gym membership at Bally's and working out at Jason's Step Aerobics class (oooh so 90's, I know!!)
Vivian Ling, Bridesmaid and former Housemate --
I've forgotten how many years I lived with Vivian, but I will NEVER forget our first dog, Milo, and how heartbroken we both were when we lost her. I also fondly recall Vivian's famous HotPot (yum), staying up waaaayyy too late talking when we both had to work the next day, and hosting happy (and highly decorated) holiday parties over the years.
Marianne Fritz, Bridesmaid and Stage Sister --
I first got to know Marianne because she played my sister in Proof. Our chemistry in that show could not have been just an act, because she has felt like a sister ever since. She shares my passion for theatre, whether performing, writing, reading, or watching it, an appreciation for Sondheim, and an appreciation of the importance of an excellent (and cold) beer after a long day.
Stephenie Sun - Candlelighter and Event Planner Extaordinaire --
Sam and I met Steph after she moved down here from Portland for a teaching program. We will always remember her first teaching year! Steph has been super supportive of all of my (and Sam's) creative ventures, is a great Disneyland buddy, and shares my excitement over an Excel spreadsheet. I will never forget our life-altering PacificNorthWest Trip, or Steph's hometown. Steph is also helping us to plan this crazy wedding event, and we owe her our sanity!
Naomi Shiraiwa/Peng - Candlelighter and Bride-to-Be buddy --
I have been ever-so-grateful to be going through this whole engagement process with a friend who is just a few steps ahead of me! This whole year I have been able to share the joys and freak-out moments of the engagement journey with Naomi, and have been the recipient of her constant encouragement and very sympathetic ear. 

Whew!! I made it though all the girls, hopefully some day soon we can get all the guys in here too! Check back, we'll try to continue posting. Between other wedding planning insanity. =)
happily,
karyn.

No comments: