THANK YOU FOR COMING BY!

This blog was my go-to venting place before the wedding, but now that the craziness is over, I haven't posted as much. Guess I don't need to vent quite so much stress any more. But I will try to include my thoughts about married life and our new journey together. Really. OK, Remember, I said "Try."

Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

why i love sam, reason #53

one night during the wedding planning madness, sam and i sat down and tried to plan out the actual ceremony (who know a ceremony had so many parts?)  and it all went rather smoothly.  but, when it came to the wedding recessional, Sam and I didn't exactly see eye to eye.   for the past few years, i've pictured myself exiting down the the aisle and rocking out to "elevation" by u2.   sam, ever the classic type, imagined the excitement of trumpet voluntary.   both of us, being rather passionate about music, really wanted to stand our ground.  and so we were at an impasse, it would seem.   we decided to shelve the issue for the time being, and i told sam that i'd send him the mp3 and asked him to listen to it just to see what he thought.   
what he thought, it turns out, was something i never would have thought of.  he managed to blend the songs into a medley and put in all the other music that makes us feel happy and elated.  and so what we have is what we both want, and something totally unique as well.   leave it to sam to find a way to think outside of the box and come up with a win-win situation.  which, happens to be one of the reasons why i'm marrying him. =) 

No comments: